Lynn Lancaster Gorges is a textile conservation and restoration expert specializing in antique and vintage quilts, clothing, military uniforms, and flags (early 1700’s - present). She is the Owner of Historic Textiles Studio (founded 1990).
- Trained at The Smithsonian Institution, Colonial Williamsburg, Cooperstown Textile School, The Campbell Center of Preservation, NC State University College of Textiles, Barbara Brackman’s Schoolhouse Studio
- Toured France, the Netherlands and England studying quilts and chintz textiles
- Special guest on TheQuiltShow.com, presenting on antique quilt conservation and restoration, and the history of quilting in North Carolina from 1850-1900
- Researcher/grant recipient to study the early manufacturing of textiles in North Carolina related to domestic use of textiles in the 19th century
- Notable clients & presentations for: The Texas Civil War Museum (Fort Worth, TX), The York County Museum (Rock Hill, SC), The Nantucket Ship Wreck and Life Saving Museum (Nantucket, MA), Beaufort Historical Society (Beaufort, NC), May Museum (Farmville, NC), The Lost Colony Outdoor Drama, Outer Banks History Center (Manteo, NC), SC Historical Society, Washington Light Infantry Museum, Confederate Museum of Charleston (Charleston, SC), Wayne County History Museum (Goldsboro, NC), High Point Museum (High Point, NC), Core Sound Waterfowl Museum (Harkers Island, NC), various North Carolina State Historic Sites, and numerous private clients